Ten Powerful Positive Body Image Affirmations
It’s no secret that our society is obsessed with physical appearance and the need for positive body image affirmations is at an all-time high. Even in a time where acceptance is pushed on the surface, practically our appearance is still in the forefront of our minds and affects out confidence levels. We are constantly bombarded with messages telling us that we need to look a certain way in order to be considered attractive, and these standards can be incredibly difficult to meet. This often leads to feelings of insecurity and low self-esteem, particularly when relating to our body image.
But what exactly is body image? Body image is the way we perceive our bodies, and how we feel about them. It’s not just about how we look on the outside, but also how we feel on the inside. So if you’re unhappy with your appearance, it can have a negative impact on your body image.
Fortunately, there are things you can do to improve your body image and boost your confidence. One of the best things you can do is to start using positive affirmations for body image.
What Is An Affirmation?
Affirmations are positive verbalizations that you repeat to yourself in order to change your mindset and beliefs. By repeating these affirmations regularly, you can begin to believe them more and more, and eventually they will become part of your belief system. Millions of people use affirmations to attract wealth, health and even shape their self-confidence. This can be incredibly powerful when relating to improving your body image, as it can help you to start thinking more positively about yourself and your appearance. It has been proven that we can shape the way we see ourselves through our thoughts and beliefs, so even if you have some work to do trimming down or beefing up it is important to affirm to yourself that you are awesome the way you are — and any improvement you make are just icing on the cake.
How to Use Affirmations for Body Image
Now that you know what affirmations are and how they can help, it’s time to learn how to use them effectively. Here are five best practices for using positive affirmations for body image:
1. Choose positive affirmations that resonate with you. If you don’t believe the affirmations you’re repeating to yourself, it’s going to be very difficult to see any positive change. So, take some time to choose affirmations that really speak to you and that you can believe. (Example provided below)
2. Repeat your affirmations regularly. The more often you repeat your affirmations, the more likely you are to believe them. So, make sure to repeat them to yourself several times a day, especially when you’re feeling down about your appearance.
3. Write them down. There’s something powerful about seeing the words in front of you, so don’t just say them in your head — write them down too. You can put them on post-it notes and stick them around your house, or carry them around with you in your wallet or purse.
4. Visualize yourself as the affirmations. As you’re repeating your affirmations to yourself, really try to visualize what it would feel like if they were true. For example, if you’re saying “I love my body just the way it is,” picture yourself feeling happy and confident in your own skin.
5. Be patient. It takes time for affirmations to work, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results right away. Keep repeating them to yourself and eventually, you will start to believe them.
Ten Positive Body Image Affirmations to Get You Started
Now that you know how to use positive affirmations for body image, it’s time to choose some that resonates with you. To get you started, here are ten positive body image affirmations:
1. I love my body just the way it is.
2. I open to improving, but confident with myself today
3. My worth is not measured by my appearance.
4. I am more than just my physical appearance.
5. I accept myself unconditionally.
6. I appreciate my body for all it does for me.
7. I am grateful for my healthy and strong body.
8. My body is a temple that I cherish and respect.
9. I am kind and loving to myself.
10. I am happy and confident in my own skin.
Remember, even if these affirmations aren’t true today because you are dealing with fatigue or other medical issues, by speaking what will be you can bring them to reality.
You can also incorporate positive affirmations into your visualizations and vision boards. This is a great way to really see yourself achieving your goals, and it can help to keep you motivated. As you’re creating your vision board, look for images that represent how you want to feel about yourself — happy, confident, beautiful, etc.
For example, if you’re working on improving your body image, you might include images of people who embody the confidence and self-love that you want to have. You can also add affirmations to your vision board as a reminder of what you’re working towards. I like to use magazines and cut out pictures that invoke strong positive emotions inside myself, and then glue them onto my vision board. I place the vision board in a place where I’ll see it every day, such as on my fridge or in my office.
Remember, positive affirmations are a powerful tool that can help you to improve your body image. But it’s important to choose affirmations that resonate with you, and to repeat them regularly until you start to believe them. Use positive body image affirmations in conjunction with other self-love practices like yoga, meditation, aromatherapy and journaling for best results. Also, don’t forget to surround yourself with positive people who will support your journey to a better relationship with yourself! Remember you are beautiful just the way you are, and even if you have some improvements to make, be proud of yourself today and always.
If you are looking to get serious with the power of manifestations, including step by step directions… start with this 100% free video